About Physical Therapy
Physical therapists work with children in various stages of development to become more successful and independent in their environment. Physical therapists enable children with physical impairments to enhance their strength, endurance, and mobility.
At Child’s Play Therapy Center our physical therapists implement playful, fun activities in one-on-one sessions designed to help children meet their goals.
We also dispense Little Steps Foot Orthotics for kids, which are shoe inserts designed to improve coordination, balance, pain, toe walking, in-toeing, and flat feet.
- Developmental Delay
- Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Orthopedic Injuries or Surgeries
- Genetic Conditions
- Cerebral Palsy
- Congenital Birth Defects
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
Physical Therapy can help:
- Low or Increased Muscle Tone (hypotonia and hypertonia)
- Child not meeting gross motor milestones
- Sitting up
- Standing Independently
- Flat feet
- Clumsy children
- Children who limit themselves on the playground and are scared to trial new gross motor tasks
- Tight hamstrings
- Children who have difficulty with advanced gross motor tasks
- Standing on one leg
- Going up and down steps with one foot on each step
- Riding a bike
Physical Therapy Consultation
If you think your child may benefit from physical therapy, contact Child’sPlay Therapy center for a free phone consultation with no obligation. If after discussing your concerns an evaluation is recommended, we will set your child up with an appointment that fits your scheduling needs.
At the evaluation, our physical therapist will use standardized tests to see where your child is functioning compared to his age-matched peers and develop a therapy program customized to your child’s needs that fits your schedule.
We apply a “partnering” approach in our therapy services: working closely with you, your child, and your family to get the results that matter most to you and your child.